Friday, July 30, 2010

My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean...

Well, I think it's obvious that the bulk of my time hasn't been spent on the computer this summer...which is fine with me. However, I'm sorry my blog updates haven't been very consistent. Things have been going pretty great up here this summer! It's weird to think that there's only a week left. I'm certainly excited to see my family, not work in dishes, and return to Laramie. I'm also really loving my time here and wish I had more. Oh well.
Throughout these last few weeks we've had a bunch of cool speakers come through. A lot of pretty "prominent" people in the Navigators have come by, and it's been awesome to hear them talk. We've talked about everything from living day by day to worship to dating to missions to discipleship to being good stewards to growing deeper with God to developing convictions and much more! It's a very large load of amazing info to take in at once, so I'll definitely be spending time this week to going over what God has taught me this summer. I've learned a lot of things, most of which I wasn't planning on learning. Something I have realized recently is that I'd like to go on an overseas mission trip next summer. Ta-da! This guy named Chase Pettus came and spoke to us about missionaries and overseas missions and the need for people to be going, and I got pretty fired up. I know I've been to a few places outside the USA already, but it would be awesome to go on a missions trip having the spiritual maturity I have now (compared to Brazil in 2006). I am hoping to be involved with planning/leading wherever UW goes this next summer, because it sounds like the whole Rocky Mountain region of the Navs will be partnering together to go different places next year. It should be exciting, and I hope I can be a part of it! I know I only have one more summer left of still being a college student, so I want to take full advantage of it.
Well, this week should be packed with awesomeness. We'll continue to meet with Bruce and Eddy from Taiwan, we're going to go evangelize at Crankworx in Winter Park, CO (http://www.crankworx.com for more info), a bunch of people are getting baptized on Wednesday morning (hopefully including Bruce and Eddy!), and we're going to have an awesome closing banquet on Thursday. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with all the transitions that will be going on in my life in the next month, but instead focus on today and take take full advantage of the opportunities that come my way...while still planning for the near future. It's crazy stuff, but it's life...and I'm finding that life is much better/easier when God is the center of it.

That's all!

Love,

Kolten

Passage for the week: Romans 14

No comments:

Post a Comment