Friday, June 11, 2010

Dish Boy






Hey guys! Things are going great here at SMR (Snow Mountain Ranch). Today was my first official day of work, even though I worked a surprise shift last night. I'm working in the main eating hall (called the Commons), and so far I've been a dish boy! It's actually pretty fun. I had to work at 6:00am this morning, and I'll repeat it tomorrow! I posted pictures of the guys on my team. The first guy is named Steve (with the long hair). He is from CU-Boulder and only became a Christian last December, so I'm pretty pumped he's on my team. He doesn't know much about Christianity, but he's running pretty hard after God at the moment. The next guy is Ryan (baldy). He is from CU-Boulder as well. He's on the cycling team, and he was once ranked 4th in the nation in tae kwon doe (or some other martial art). The last guy is Brian (with the glasses). He is from CSU, and he is quirky and awesome. I'll get to meet 1 on 1 with thim this coming week, so I'm excited to dive deeper into their lives.
I'm also excited that we're officially orientated. We've gone through team leader orientation, normal STP orientation, YMCA orientation, and food service orientation. NO MORE! Two days ago we combined with a girls team and did a photo scavenger hunt around SMR and into Granby, CO. It was way fun. Last night we did a traveling dessert thing at all the Nav Staff houses, and guess what? It was fun!! There is a lot of fun going on here, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Until next time!
Love,
Kolten

Passage for the week: Colossians 3:12-25

PS: the other picture is up in Rocky Mountain National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment