Monday, June 28, 2010

Made in Taiwan...Born in the USA

Hola amigos! I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I'm not very good at taking pictures while I'm having a good time, so that should be a good indicator that my summer is going pretty awesome! I'm going along with my normal schedule, and it's all pretty fun. We're amping up our scripture memory stuff! I should know a lot of verses by the time the summer is over, and I'm pretty excited about it. Not too much new stuff is going on, except for Bruce and Eddy.
Bruce and Eddy are two food service workers from Taiwan that arrived a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have any religion or anything when they came here, but I'm pretty sure they have Christian friends in Taiwan. They came to this thing called Super Tuesday (like a NavNight), and afterward came to a campfire we were having. They loved Super Tuesday. They said the singing and instruments were great, but Derek the NavStaff guy spoke too fast. I got to explain more slowly the gospel to them, which was pretty awesome. They wanted to make sure we weren't Mormons, and that we were saying all you had to do was believe in Jesus to take care of your sins, make him king of your life, repent of your sins, and you can go to heaven. Then, out of nowhere, they decided they thought it was real and wanted to believe it. It was awesome! Zach Hamilton and I took them away from the campfire, prayed with them, and they were born again here in the good 'ol USA! They then asked if they had to pray to God in English, and we told them of course...just kidding. Geez, calm down. They wanted to pray it again in Mandarin, so it was good to get the affirmation that they understood what was going on.
We got to follow up with them a few days later, and we talked about the assurance of salvation. We had them explain stuff to us from their Mandarin pages we printed out of the Bible, and they rocked it! They totally understood what was going on, and they really enjoyed their first "Bible class." Things are going great here, and I know they'll continue to get better.

Until next time!

Love,

Kolten

Passage of the week: Colossians 3:12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment