Sunday, June 6, 2010

Here goes blogging!

Alright guys, by popular demand I am starting a blog on my summer experience. For those of you who don't know, I'm spending my summer at the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, CO. I'm working 24 hours a week in food service (to pay for food, room, and board), and the rest of the time I'm a team leader for a Summer Training Program (STP). During this STP we will be doing Bible studies, evangelism, discipleship, having speakers, and doing tons of other awesome God-centered stuff. Oh, and we can go play in the mountains of Colorado whenever we want! It's going to be an awesome summer!
All of our team members arrive tomorrow, so today is the last day of team leader training. It has been awesome! I love all the other leaders and staff members here, and I can't wait to meet the guys on my team. I don't know them yet, but they're names are Bryan, Ryan, and Steven. 2 are from CU-Boulder, and one is from CSU. I hear Steven just became a Christian this last year, so I'm pumped that he's in my group. I'm currently sitting in a coffee shop in Granby, CO going over the first week of Bible study (team leaders will be one week ahead of the team members in the study). Based on these last few days of having fun and training, I honestly believe this summer will change my life. I'm very very excited!
I'll try to update this once a week or so, and I'll post pictures too. Hope you guys all enjoy this, and hopefully it can be encouraging to you guys! Love you all,

Kolten

Passage for the week: Colossians 1:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment